The Islay Hot Toddy
Posted by Kim Peeples on
📷 by: Fatherly.com
The warm and soothing classic, the Hot Toddy, is elevated when you use a smoke-forward Scotch instead of regular whiskey. Perfect for sipping all winter and early spring!INGREDIENTS:
- 1½ oz. Cragabus Islay Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
- 1½ tsp. Honey
- Half a small lemon
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tea bag (Earl grey or black)
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Make tea as you normally would, by steeping the tea bag in the hot water, for 10 minutes. In the meantime, fill a mug with hot tap water and let it heat the mug before dumping the water.
- Squeeze the half lemon into the mug, and add in the Scotch and honey.
- When the tea is done, remove the bag and pour it into the mug with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved, then garnish with the lemon slice.