Posted by Kim Peeples on
📷 by: Fatherly.com
This herbaceous riff on the Penicillin, The Antidote adds rosemary and Sherry along with lemon, ginger, and Scotch, to give it a different dimension. It’s a sure-fire cure for winter’s frosty bite!INGREDIENTS:
- 1½ oz. Two Casks Small Batch Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
- ¾ oz. Wildflower honey simple syrup*
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ½ oz. Hunter's Herbal Liqueur
- ¼ oz. Manzanilla Sherry
- 10 Rosemary leaves
- 2 coin slices of ginger
- Ginger candy, dehydrated lemon wheel, or rosemary sprig, for garnish.
- Add the ginger, rosemary, lemon juice, and honey syrup to a shaker tin and muddle the solids into the liquids.
- Add in the Scotch, liqueur, and Sherry.
- Top it with ice cubes, seal, and shake for 5–7 seconds.
- Strain it into a rocks glass with a large ice cube, then garnish with ginger candy, a dried lemon wheel, or a rosemary sprig.
* For the wildflower honey simple syrup: Dilute one part honey into one part water in a saucepan over a medium heat until there’s an even consistency.