📷 by: Jessica Gavin
Grab a bowl, because this easy shrimp ceviche recipe makes for a crowd-pleasing appetizer when paired with crunchy tortillas chips.
- 2 lbs small cooked shrimp
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup red or purple onion, chopped
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno pepper, chopped with membranes &
seeds removed (I used 2 jalapenos)
- 2 - 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Grape Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon VIOLAS’ Catch of the Day Spice Mix
1. Cut each shrimp in half or at least one-inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime juice, lemon juice and vinegar cover and refrigerate for one hour.
2. Mix in the chopped onion and serrano or jalapeno peppers and refrigerate an additional hour.
3. If you find the ceviche a little too acidic, drain out some of the juices after the marinating process. Add the remaining ingredients except the chopped avocado and lightly toss.
4. Add the avocado as you serve the ceviche. This will keep them from turning brown while in the refrigerator.