Pumpkin Seed Oil Cake
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup of water at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt tin and cover the base of the tin with pumpkin seeds.
Using an electric mixer on a slow speed, beat egg yolks, water, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Pumpkin Seed Oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and granulated sugar until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cake batter along with half of the sifted flour and baking powder until well incorporated, then fold in the rest.
- Pour into greased tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with more Pumpkin Seed Oil.