📷 by: Simply Scratch
You'll love this extra moist, spice-infused, quick bread recipe featuring summer’s favorite vegetable!
- 1/2 cup Federico's Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 2 (generous) cups freshly grated zucchini
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° and spray or grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Once sifted measure and add in the kosher salt. Set off to the side.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, applesauce, olive oil and vanilla.
- Once combined, pour this into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the grated zucchini and use a rubber spatula to combien, stop once all the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the olive oil zucchini bread batter among the two prepared pans. (about 3 cups per pan).
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester comes back clean with only a few crumbs still attached.
- Allow zucchini bread to cool in the pans for 20 minutes before carefully removing, transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice and serve with butter.
* Note: You can also make it with any of our amazing Extra Virgin Olive Oils, which will change the flavor, and be just as delicious!