Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Posted by Kim Peeples on
Simple, sweet and super lemony! Make this cake for a sweet snack or a breakfast that’s worth waking up for.
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 stalks of finely chopped rosemary
- Powdered sugar (for the glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
2. Mix the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl.
3. Place the eggs in a bowl, add oil, lemon juice, yogurt and stir.
4. Add the mixture to the sugar and mix with a hand mixer. Gradually add flour, baking powder, salt and finely chopped rosemary and continue mixing.
5. Pour into a mold and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make a simple glaze with powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
7. Remove the cake, let it cool and pour the glaze over it. Just before serving, garnish with rosemary!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dessert, Snacks, Spring, Vegetarian