A fresh Mediterranean-style dish to share with friends and family.
- Herbes de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil* (for drizzling)
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Happy Pepper
- Aceto Balsamico Maletti (for drizzling)
- 2 lbs heirloom or other large tomatoes, cored, cut into 1½" thick wedges
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lb feta, cut into ½" thick slabs
- 1 large handful arugula
- ½ cup torn, pitted green olives
- Flatbread or Pita for Serving
- Place racks in middle and top positions of oven; preheat to 425°. Arrange 2 lb. heirloom or other large tomatoes, cored, cut into 1½"-thick wedges, on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper; toss to coat. Roast on middle rack until collapsed and slightly jammy, 25–30 minutes. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- Meanwhile, combine two 15.5-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed, patted dry, 1 tsp. ground cumin, ½ tsp. smoked paprika, and 1½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 tsp. Morton salt in a medium bowl. Drizzle lightly with oil and toss to coat.
- Spoon chickpea mixture over and around tomatoes. Break 1 lb. feta, cut into ½"-thick slabs, into large pieces and tuck around. Broil on top rack until tomatoes and feta are blistered, 8–10 minutes. Let tomato chickpea mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Scatter 1 large handful arugula and ½ cup torn, pitted green olives over tomato chickpea mixture. Drizzle some Aceto Balsamico Maletti and more olive oil over. Season with pepper and serve with pita.
* Note: You can also make it with any of our amazing Extra Virgin Olive Oils, which will change the flavor and be just as delicious. So just experiment until you find your favorite flavor!